So today I was charge a $35.00 over draft fee by Wachovia for a PENNY...thats right ONE FREAKIN PENNY. Customer service refused to help stating it was not a bank error.

I am so fed up with their ***-tastic service. I am done with them and I hope everyone spreads the word that their execellent customer service rating that they advertise is a crock of ***. Seriously $35 buck for a penny. This is the worst bank with the worst customer service ever.

I hope one of their "poll" takers call me to rate their service.

Not that they will actually use the bad rating but it sure will make me feel better!

Comments

i effing hate wachovia, this is not a one time occurance either. I've also gotten over $200 worth of overdraft fees in the past, all because the online bank account summary likes to magically change dates and clear then unclear and clear on a later date when theres no funds.

Not to mention when I was buying my house they held MY money from me because of "multiple overdrafts in the last 6 months" yea, due to THEIR retarded mistakes, Checks took like 10 days to clear... they even held a CASHIER's check, a WACHOVIA cashiers check at that. they have f*cked with my life too much for my liking. Because of their funny little clear date games, my mortgage is currently unpaid.

ITS NOT FAIR. THEY ARE NOT A BANK you'd be better off giving your money to a *** and being paid back in karma.

WACHOVIA WELLS FARGO WHATEVER SUCKS. i WISH they wanted to hear my feedback.

I had multiple accounts with Wachovia for years without many problems. Two months ago I opened another small checking account and I still am waiting for checks to show up.

I called 2x and visited the branch multiple times. Each time being told "these things can take several weeks". Nonsense!!! So last Friday I went to TD Bank and opened an account and exactly one week later I have checks!!!

This morning I just closed all my Wachovia accounts.

When I told the Wachovia people this they certainly did not sound shocked. Must be a recurring issue!!

dont spend more money than you have... seems like common sense?????

Well I wrote a check for 350.00 and they return it for 2 missing dollars and on top I got an overdrawn f those ***

I hate wachovia!!

The A-HOLES charged me, in just over two weeks, FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE dollars in overdraft fees.

I was more than willing to accept the initial overdraft feesm, after all it was admittedly my fault. I called the [PIRATE] bank on a Sunday evening, and told the PIRATE on the phone that FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS would be deposited into the account the next evening. The PIRATE on the phone said "Okay, I will put a note on your account about it."

It was deposited that evening (Monday) and on Tuesday morning I checked the account, and it was there, and I was $100 in the black. I thought "Good, that will take care of that and I have enough get me through payday (Friday).

But then on the NEXT MORNING (Wednesday) I was hit with ANOTHER overdraft fee of ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS ... and it just kept adding up all week.

THE F**K**RS NEED TO BE STOPPED. CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNTS. GO TO SOMEONE ELSE.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau and a Law Firm, who both sent them letters. I got a LITTLE over two hundred dollars back.

They have NO real 'customer service'. All of those PIRATES have their heads up their collective AS**S.

THE F**K**RS NEED TO BE STOPPED. CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNTS. GO TO SOMEONE ELSE.

Yes, happened to me as well, I made 2 minute purchases(under 5 dollars) got hit with a $105 dollar fee. I must of been taught wrong in school(35x2=105)? Hmm, not to mention that, I have that way2save and apparently none of that counts for overdraft protection...

I am not using WALK OVA YA again

I am so angry right now, just got off the phone with these a--holes and they are bigger thieves than any convicted criminals in the history of this country. They just pulled this *** on me- my money is still in the bank, I have a positive balance, but they charged me an overdaft fee and are saying it's my fault.

And it's not just purchases, etc.. that they manipulate- they manipulate when they post your deposits so that they can charge you more. They put things on "hold", take out other charges and charge you overdraft fees because that money is on "hold" and then, when the "held" charge actually gets posted, they charge you again, even though the reason you incurred the other overdraft charge was because that money allegedly wasn't available and so should have been there to cover at least that particular purchase. They weren't so bad before Wells Fargo took over, now they're *** and I'm closing my account.

I've always hated banks and reluctantly opened an account for direct deposit and now I hate them with a passion previously unbeknownst to mankind.

If I had my way, I'd go back to getting a live check and cashing it at a check-cashing place- at least then you have one fee upfront and it would still be cheaper than the *** I've gone through with these bastards. Unfortunately, my employer only does direct deposit so I'm going to get a savings account at a local bank and tell these greedy s.o.bs to kiss my ***....

It's too bad I'm going through the short sale process, that's my problem but try to get an answer from somebody. They transfer you around from dept to dept, no one calls you back, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Did they hire people that make $8.25 an hour to answer these calls? Their practices are border line dishonest.

Mr Obama, I hope your reading this. Did you give them bail out money?

You can ask that no transactions clear your account if it would put you into overdraft, which I did.

Imagine my shock when I had $400 in overdraft fees the next month (several small transactions, all less than $10). My wife had written a large check for our kids care without checking the balance. It should have bounced, but didn't. When I asked what happened, they told me that I ONLY requested debit card transactions be declined, not checks. What a crock of ***!!!

I specifically asked for ALL transactions to be denied if it would give me a fee. They made an error but now are saying it wasn't a bank error.

They have "escalated it" but it has been more than a month and I keep getting the same excuses every time I follow up. I HATE WACHOVIA!! They stole this money from me and I am helpless to get it back.

i was hit with total of $210 on overdraft charge but my account never went minus... i talked to 4 people today over the phone and first 3 could not tell me exactly what happened... anyway the final words from the last person i spoke to was.... tho they can not exactly tell me what went wrong no error was made by them and fees were charged according to their policy so best they can do is offer 10% refund ($21!!!!!)

what happened was i wrote a check for $600 few days before buying some stamps from usps machine and going to gas station

there was about $600 in my account but i made a deposit of $350 prior to going to post office so i was given credit of $100 which mean i had at least $700 in my account(wachovia gives $100 credit when you make deposit using atm machine) i verified this by calling the 800 number right after making deposit

anyway wachovia didnt credit my account till next day then paid "greatest amount" charge first as per their policy then i got $35 fee for each stamp i purchased at post office(i made 5x$1 purchase)+$35 for transaction i made at the gas station

my bank statement still shows that i was credited for the deposit right away and everyone was paid afterward so i never went minus and there is still enough fund even after they charged me $210 fee

i was told that he was the person in charge of giving final answers so i couldnt talk to anyone else or he couldnt provide address i can write to

i believe if i only had enough to cover for the check i wrote out they should have declined the transactions i made that day

i am not sure why i was able to make 6 transactions

also how could they charge $210 fee on transactions totaling $25!!!

i thought about letting this go because i hate complaining and also because i am under so much stress over my financial situation but i am thinking about writing to bbb

and i am going to close my account asap (not that they will care) because i am afraid to lose anymore money

i wish wachovia can be me more forgiving as us tax payers and our government was to them when they were struggling...

$210 = 11 large bottles of formula for my twins = month and half worth

or half of my weekly paycheck because i lost my job beginning of this year and i now work in retail where i gotta bust my butt for lil over $10 per hour :cry

god bless everyone and please hang in there even if you are struggling as i am :)

i am reading all these complainings and it shows that i am right ,this bank is just a thief ,they stole $ 400 and i talked the branch manager in the preston and frankford branch ,they *** told me i have to take care of my money ,i am asking you guys if i am going to take care of money ,what are those guys going to do ? just stealing my money ? in fact there is no need to talk about the overdrafts ,only thing we should talk about is the thing that the manager told me ,take care of your money ,it is horrible cuz if i am gonna take care of my money i would put the money under my pillow ,

i have been talking to the dallas morning news currently and i am seriously going to try to do something about this issue ,well probably i cant do anything by myself but if we can get all together maybe we could do something ,if there is anybody who feels like me ,can contact me by mail ( bay.j@hotmal.com) or by cell 214 952 6249

Brown your a *** everyone here checks their balances religiously for that reason. We are not complaining about going over its the way in which they apply charges that is wrong.

Even if you were to keep a detail check book the way in which they apply the charges could still cause you to over draft by 7 charges adding up to $245 dollars. I had an incident when I deposited $200 CASH at 330 on a friday. when I made chages on the weekend it was considered overdraft because they didnt apply my US AMERICAN DOLLARS till Monday. Does that seem fair?

Sorry Brown not everyone can be as perfect as you. I dont think anyone wants to be anything like you Im assuming either. What loser searches for Wachovia complaints when they dont have one Hhahahaha.

so in conclusion Brown - loser fat balding and probably socially inept. Wachovia theives and a horrible bank that gets their jollies from stealing from people who need it the most!

I read all these complaints about Wachovia but no one offered any suggestion as to how to deal with this bank. Do anyone know the proper authority that can handle all these complaints.

Because I am not satisfied with just writing the complaint. I want somebody to do something.

I currently bank with Wachovia I left Bank of America because of the way they processed credits and debits to my account they process them in order of amount not by date now I have incurred overdraft fees at Wachovia for the same thing they processed a purchased made on the 13th prior to one made on the 8th in order to get 2 overdraft fees instead of one :?

i have been a customer with wachovia since 2004 i recently contacted wachovia because in 1 week they have stolen 280.00 worth of my money i called customer service to get a better understanding of my account and it was the worst experience ever. i spoke to two reps and one supervisor who were some of the most unprofessional people ever employed on the face of the earth.

It seems that wachovia has changed the way that they process their debit card transactions without notifying their unsuspecting customers. Instead of helping me understand what was going on I was told that I need to know how to manage my account cause nothing has changed since I'v ehad my account (mind you this is the first time that this has happened to me)I never recieved any help and i think that they may have blocked my number because now every time i call i cant get through using my phone.Wachovia sucks and I swear that they will never get another cent of my money

Well, I guess I guess I also arrived in Wachovia ***. I seriously wonder how they calculate their overdraft fee charges.

On 9/18 I deposited 50 dollar from one account to the other online.

That eve when I checked my account there was no sign of any overdraft. The next day, 9/19 I checked again and all of a sudden I was charged 35 dollar in overdraft fees. When I did the calculations and looked at the account info I was charged 35 dollar in overdraft fees on 9/18 for apparently a 77 cents overdraft. Thing is, it showed that only 1 purchase was actually charged on 9/18.

The other purchases on 9/18 showed up as 9/21. All together they do make for a 77 cents overdraft. On 9/21 I checked my account again after I send an email to Wachovia on 9/20 and it still showed the -35.77 dollar. Today 9/21 I checked again and all of a sudden I have been charged 105 dollars more in overdraft fees.

The only reason for this that I can think of is that even though they already charged 35 dollar over all the purchases on 9/18 including the ones that show up as 9/21, they charged an additional 105 dollar for the ones that show up 9/21. Gosh I do hope I still make sense here. I am so mad about this.

I always check my balance in the morning to make sure I will not do something *** that will overdraft my account and now I am basically punished 140 dollars for a 77 cents overdraft. They are a bunch of thieves!

For all of you who have had problems with Wachovia I have good news--Higer, Lichter and Givner, a law firm in Aventura, Florida has just received class action status for a lawsuit filed for the way Wachovia handles their debit card overdrafts and their "accounting practices" mentioned in so many complaints. Wachovia tried to stick me for over $1600.00 in fees when their were multiple errors on their part, ate up over $1,000.00 of my money and then tried to balme ME for it.

It tried 41, yes 41 times to reach the "manager" through the number I was given, never got a call back. Anyway, if you want to join this class action call the firm of Higer, Lichter and Givner...ask for the attorney handling it..Jennesa Wasserman at 305.356-7554. Their address in Florida is 2999 NE 191st St., Suite 700, Aventura.

You can e-mail her at jwasserman@HLGlawyers.com--They also have a class action for Citibank as well as Bank of America--this is not a joke- it is FOR REAL! Finally some justice in this world.

I thought I had all their *** little accounting practices down but here's a new one. You want to run to the grocery store to pick up a few things and your checking account balance is low.

No problem you transfer over some money from another wachovia account and its fine. Wrong! Its after 9:00pm so the transfer is really not there yet (even though online it says it is) but the charge goes through. So you get on the next morning and you have an overdraft charge of $35.00 and your account is overdrawn because of the way they post transactions to your account.

I am not kidding this happened to us. We have opened an account at another bank and will be closing all family wachovia accounts as soon as possible.

I have been with wachovia for over 30 years and I was satisfied with them until recently. I don't understand their accounting practices.

They do not explain to customers that different cities have different banking procedures. Example if you deposit money in your account in Raleigh after 2:00 p.m. the funds are available to you but not to checks being posted to your account. Now if you live in Charlotte it does not matter what time you make a deposit as long as you make it before the bank closes you are ok.

I am moving my account to another bank that does not charge $35.00 for overdrafts and are more customer friendly. You may have gotten about $1000 from me, but you won't get anymore.

Enjoy spending that $1000 "big executives"'cause it is the last you'll ever get from me. :cry