So, I found out that I overdrafted today.On December 18th I got paid.

I get direct deposit. I bought a hello kitty bear for my boyfriend, that went through fine. The only other transaction I used my debit card for is my bi-weekly trip to the gas station to get gas. Usually, there's absolutely no problem.

But I guess Wachovia, waited until after I cleaned out my bank account (ironically so that I won't overdraft) to post it. Even though when I got to the bank to get the rest of my money, they gave me 226 dollars, five dollars and five cents less than it had in it. So pretty much, they took my money, overdrafted me and took more money from me.

I'm a student, I really can't afford to keep paying this ***.I'm switching *** banks, wachovia must die.

Had an Experience with Wachovia Bank?

Comments

The thing is it did show up in my account.And it showed the deduction when I used my card.

There wasn't a hold on any money and it was spendable.So yeah, I did take responsibility and I may be young but I check my bank account regularly.

Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, United States #242935

I think Sessa works for the bank. In this computer world you mean to tell me that banks can't come up with a system to show cash deposit the same day.

They have tried the same with me in the past, more than once.It's a scam.

Just last week they tried to charge me $140 in fees until I started asking for documented proof, all the sudden I was eligible for a credit.Won't be a problem anymore, I closed my account today.

Sorry to hear you got screwed.All banks do this.

Just remember that your bank is not responsible for your checking account, you are. You should never write a check until you know that the money is in the account. Most banks and credit unions will post the deposit within 2 days of deposit, not the same day. So don't write the check or use the ATM until 2 days after the money is deposited or you will have an insufficient funds claim.

Most banks will charge an overdraft fee or a insufficient funds fee. I had to learn the hard way myself, wrote a check the day after a deposit and it bounced.

I had to pay a bad check fee at the retailer and pay a overdraft fee at the bank.The money was in, but not posted until the following day.

This is nothing new, its been going on since the 1960's and the banks have been screwing people since then.

My husband went through the same exact thing at Wachovia.We ended up switching banks and what should have happened was totally their fault.

Let me tell you what they did. My husband had a check for let's say, 800.00, he only had 750.00 in checking and let's say, 2,000 in savings. He has over draft protection, and when his checking won't cover, he signed to have it automatically transferred from his savings for a 10.00 fee. They did not honor their contract.

They allowed all the bills to pile up and we paid an additional 500.00 for this horrible event. When we called, Wachovia stated, "We didn't know you wanted us to pay it." How dare they? Washington Mutual is not bad at all, they are wonderful. If you watch your account at Wamu/Chase, you will be just fine.

They stick by their word.It is not their fault if you're irresponsible, however, they were wrong, and ShamanSquirrel, you are correct.

shamansquirrel
#102001

They didn't put a hold on it.I checked.

I always check, and obviously they did something wrong because they offered to give me back half of it. I'm very responsible with my money and I check my account every chance I get. I get direct deposit at my job so there's no reason for them to hold it. Plus, every time I make a transaction on my DEBIT CARD, I check on my account from my phone for holdings.

They *** up, not me because I do this all the time with no problem except for this one time.Sooo yeah, it was the banks fault.

Go ahead and go to another bank. They will do the same thing, it is called procedure.

If you deposit a check, there will be at least a one day hold. When you have a checking account, you should read all the info that comes with it. It is your responsiblity to know how your checking account works.

Also, when you write checks and haven't made your deposit yet, you really are writing bad checks.

Shamansquirrel - they did the same thing to me - except I had plenty of money in there to cover my debits AND those idiotic NSF fees!I think it is/was a scam the banks are doing prior to the Feds curtailing their use of NSF fees (effective 2/2010?) It took an hour, two managers and hand written mathematical calculations as proof!

During that hour, I found out that Wachovia has TWO ledgers, one for US, and one for THEM! They may get your deposit the day prior (before 2:00 p.m.), but they will hold it until they post all debits, auto transfers and checks just after midnight, only after that will they post your deposit from the previous day! I even have e-mail alerts to my Blackberry. If I had not received the alert about the balance, it could have been days before I knew what was going on.

IT'S A SCAM, AND THERE' JUST NO OTHER WAY TO CATEGORIZE IT.BTW: Sessa, you apparently don't have a clue.

So it's Wachovia's fault that you can't manange a checking account? Please, just another whiney example of someone who can't take responsibility for anything.