Wachovia is the reason that I've turned to pre paid cards and I wish I had done it sooner. A month ago, I deposited $600.00 cash in the bank, it was about 2:05pm when I did it. I then paid 2 bills using my debit card, that equaled about 200.00. The next day, I checked my account, and Wachovia had charged me 2 insufficient funds.

I called customer service and was told that since my deposit was done after 2pm, it wouldn't apply until the next day. I then asked if that was the case, why did Wachovia allow me to pay 2 bills using my debit, when any other time if the funds were not available, the card would be rejected. I was told that "sometimes" the card would allow it. And I politely told her that of course the card would allow it when the bank knows they can make more money off of me with insufficient funds, when they KNEW I had the money in the bank.

The next week I changed my direct deposit at work and only have $10.00 per week going to Wachovia just to leave that account open, but the rest goes on my NET SPEND VISA. I would recommend anyone thinking of leaving their bank to give this company a try.

Had an Experience with Wachovia Bank?

Comments

LadyScot

It is amazing the number of people with bank accounts who have no clue how they work.

I have an idea...balance your ledger and read the fine print when it comes to deposits and when they post to your account. again, this is your fault! man up and take responsiblity for the turd you are.